|Appearance||White to pale crystalline powder/ liquid|
Specification of PARA TOLUENE SULFONIC ACID: Click here
Para Toluene sulfonic acid (PTSA or pTsOH) or tosylic acid (TsOH) is an organic compound with the formula CH3C6H4SO3H. It is a white solid that is soluble in water, alcohols, and other polar organic solvents. The CH3C6H4SO2– group is known as the tosyl group and is often abbreviated as Ts or Tos. Most often, TsOH refers to the monohydrate, TsOH.H2O. it finds use in organic synthesis as an “organic-soluble” acid catalyst. Examples of uses include: Acetalization of an aldehyde, Esterification of carboxylic acids and Transesterification of an ester. We are Para Toluene Sulphonic Acid Manufacturers in India.
Application of PARA TOLUENE SULFONIC ACID:
- PARA TOLUENE SULFONIC ACID is used as a catalyst in the following processes:
- Cross linking reactions
- Ethly Acetate, Butyl Acetate
- Plasticizer manufacturing DOP, DBP, DEP
- Unsymmetrical benzils
- Highly substituted piperidines
- 1,3,5-Trisubstituted benzenes by trimerization of alkynes
- Triazoloquinazolinone and benzimidazoquinazolinone derivatives
- Selenated ketene dithioacetals
- Coating industry
- Electronic polymers
- PARA TOLUENE SULFONIC ACID is used as Intermediate in
- Fine chemical manufacture
- Metal working
- Pharmaceutical intermediates (tetra cycline drugs, antiviral)
- PARA TOLUENE SULFONIC ACID is used as a curing agent in bulk quantities in thermosetting resin systems, varnishes, acrylic resins, foundry resins.
- As a neutralizing agent for acrylonitrile production.
- Used in paints, paper chemicals, API, detergent, cosmetics.
- Anionic surfactants (clear liquid detergent, luxury shampoo).
- Performance additives for paint & coating.
- Esterification /condensation /acetylation / polymerization/ alkylation/ hydrolysis /dehydration.
- Also applicable for use in food packaging adhesives.