|PRODUCT NAME||PARA TOLUENE SULPHONYL CHLORIDE|
|APPERARANCE||WHITE TO OFF-WHITE CRYSTALLINE POWDER FREE FROM EXTRANEOUS MATTER|
|SOLUBILITY||INSOLUBLE IN WATER, FREELY SOLUBLE IN ALCOHOL, ETHER, DICHLORO METHANE & TOLUENE|
|MELTING RANGE||66 0 C TO 70 0 C|
|PURITY BY GC||NOT LESS THAN 99%|
|PURITY BY GC||MOISTURE CONTENT:|
|FREE ACID||NOT MORE THAN 0.5%|
|PACKING||50 KG FIBER DRUMS|
SPECIFICATION OF PARA TOLUENE SULFONYL CHLORIDE: Click here
APPLICATION OF PARA TOLUENE SULPHONYL CHLORIDE :
- Para Toluenesulfonyl chloride is an important intermediate dyes in organic synthesis and raw materials for pesticides, there are three kinds of isomers, namely o-toluenesulfonyl chloride, m-toluenesulfonyl chloride and p-toluenesulfonyl chloride.
- It can be used for organic synthesis, for example: dyes, saccharin,etc.
- Tosyl chloride is mainly used in the preparation of chemical derivatives in the pharmaceutical, plastics
and organic chemical industries.
- p-Toluenesulfonyil chloride is used in chemical industry and chemical laboratories as a protection agent (avoiding a side-reaction over some group on the molecule)
- It is used to produce ester from alcohol via a substitution.
- It can also be used to prepare sulfonamides from amines, which has a large value in pharmaceutical industry
- PTSC and their derivatives are used as intermediates for thesynthesis of isocyanate compounds used as water scavengers and catalysts for the production of thermosettingresins. They are synthetic intermediates for a number of biologically active compounds, pharmaceuticals, herbicides, dyes and