|Synonyms||SULFONYL CHLORIDE, SULPHURIC OXYCHLORIDE, CHLOROSULPHURIC ACID|
|Colour||LIGHT YELLOW TO PALE YELLOW|
|Misciblity||MISCIBLE WITH TOLUENE|
|Packing||300 KGS COMPOSITE DRUM|
SULFURYL CHLORIDE MANUFACTURERS IN INDIA
SPECIFICATION OF SULFURY CHLORIDE : Click here
Application of SULFURYL CHLORIDE
- Sulfuryl Chloride is a colorless or light yellow to pale yellow liquid with a strong, irritating odor. It is used in making other chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and insecticides, and as a solvent, catalyst and disinfectant..
- Sulfuryl chloride is used as a chlorinating and sulfonating agent in organic synthesis. It also is used in military gas.
- Chlorinating and sulfonating or chlorosulfonating agent in organic syntheses, e.g., in the manufacture of chlorophenol and chlorothymol. Has been used in war gas formulations.
- It is used to make pesticides and also helps in preventing shrinkage of wool.
- Sulfuryl Chloride is a reagent used in the synthesis of catecholic flavonoids as telomerase inhibitors. It is also used to prepare (pyrenebutanamido)thiourea derivatives . For anion PET chemosensors.
- It is also used in dyes industries.
- Sulfuryl chloride is often used as source of Cl2. Because it is a pourable liquid, it is considered more convenient than Cl2 to measure, store, and dispense. SO2Cl2 is widely used as a reagent in the conversion of C-H –> C-Cl adjacent to activating substituents such as carbonyls and sulfoxides.
- It also chlorinates as alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, aromatics, and epoxides. Such reactions occur under free radical conditions using an initiator such as AIBN
- Used as a dehydrating agent, for chlorination of organic compounds andfor introducing the SO2 group into carbon compounds, e. g. in the manufacture of sulfonyl chlorides, sulfonic acids and sulfonates, as cathode material and in lithium batteries